A well equipped combat rogue should have no problem soloing this boss. You should have no need for consumables. If your equipment is somewhat lacking consumables should be able make up for the difference.
The Phytoskin Spaulders that Razorlash sometimes drop make for great nature resistance shoulderpads for a leather armor user even at Lv 60.
This boss stacks a bleed effect on the person getting hit, which does quite some damage. Other than that a pritty straight forward tank and kill fight.
I soloed him at lvl 54 rogue... I used evasion, adrenaline rush and 1 major heal potion
55 combat rogue had 1500 health left after the fight used evasion and adreline rush had no problems got the shoulders on the first try
soloed him as 60 rogue, assassination/subtlety build with cold blood and preparation ..
got it on my 3rd try .. first it dropped some green with nature resist .. 2nd try i died (got distracted)
would be much easier for combat build ..
razorlash doesnt use magic against u so u cant help yourself with potion of some resistence
Well I failed miserably as a 53 rogue spec'd mostly in combat (6/38/0) it may just be my terrible inability to play my rogue very well going by the other people that have managed to solo him but I have to admit this guy was tough.. I didnt even get him down to half life. My evasion + adrenaline rush + blade flurry barely scratched him. As a word of advice you might want to bring another rogue friend or two along with you.
corruption and agony
new corruption agony
got aggro about 40% health left on him
bursted out damage upon him and he fell like a rock, destruction specced
killed only 2 sets of those small green thingyes that are grouped 5-7 or sumthing woidwalker hellfire sacrifice, rest i just sneaked by the sides till the boss
what the heck? I had just finished mopping the floor with meshlock or whatever his name is for the fungus shroud armor and he's a 48 elite also. Why the heck can i not even get close to beating Razorlash?
I tried twice last night and to no avail. Combat sword rogue with Thrash/Hanzo both with Fiery enchant and couldn't get him to a quarter with at least 4 elixir (Agi, Fort, Troll's and Giants) buffs and grinding stones instead of poisons. Wow!
I think it might be possible if he wasn't resistant to stuns.
I'm bringing a group and kicking his ass next time. Now it's vengeance I want! I don't even care about the shoulders anymore. Well maybe a little :)
i dont know but as almost anything in this game that is soloable, this is no match for a hunter. did him on first try, blues only if you wonder. and green hat :P
I got 5/8 wrath QS and Bulkwar. this flower thingy is a
got him at first try but didnt get the nature resistshoulders then i died 3 time's before i got him down again, all times i died i got him down to around 20-1%, seems like he goes into a frenzy for 3-4 sec every now and then.. if u are unlucky he dot's you insane...
I managed to kill him alone on first try but it was definately not easy.
I use a mix of rank 10 gear, arathor 3 piece set, so my gear doesn't have lot of intel. And I used 1h with shield and I do not have divine favor, only 3/3 healing light.
I basicaly had no buff other than a elixir of intellect and BoW.
Like some above posters mention, Razorlash does have a nasty bleed effect that stacks many times.
Things to remember:
1) Don't try to outheal the bleed effect if you are a retro paly. However, always mindful that healing yourself when you have around 50%-30% hp with 1 big heal is the way to go (sometimes 2 may be required)
2) Don't save your mana pots for later. This fight is long enough for you to consume 2 of them. So pop a mana pot when you have used about the same amount of mana that the pot would regen.
3) When things get really hairy, use bubble (always mindful that bubble will remove all the bleeds) and make sure to heal fully. A good way to conserve mana here is to bandage and then cast a heal.
4) At this time he is probably at around 60%... A while to go. Keep on it and make sure to heal at 50%-30%. You basicaly wanna hang on at this point so you can use a BoP before you have to burn LoH. So at the appropriate time cast BoP and heal as much as you can (bandaging is also an option but you might wanna get only 3 ticks of heavy runecloth then cast a big heal).
5) Now with little mana and lots of health you just go through the same routine but make sure to use all your mana before casting LoH and of corse make sure you are almost dying too.
6) From here on it's all smooth sailing. Mana pot cooldown has reseted and if you remembered to recast BoW on yourself after you used BoP as mentioned in step 4 you should be at 1/4 to 1/5 mana excluding what the pot will regen.
7) And no consecration if you have like 3k mana :x
Good luck fellow palies.
-Warlex (60 paly Nathrezim)
Soloed him on a level60 Shadow Priest (not great gear, mostly pvp blues with a couple of epics)
Didn't give me too much trouble, but after I killed him I wasn't thinking and Puncture debuff killed me
Is this the only way to get it?
I was abble to solo him as a 60 feral drood but I used one pot(and it critted)
Is this guy a rare spawn? Where is this one..
Maybe not good as epic analog but for time u spend for that one u get very good nr set. You can avoid every mob on ur way just kill bosses, and you need only two ppl 60 for that, it's fantastic stuff yoooo
is this guy soloable at 55? i was helping a guild group and he seemed easy enough
I got it down to 6% solo at level 53, combat spec. I think with some tweaks I can probably win, so it should be np at 55, at least with combat spec.
I did this guy about 12 times, only dropped the cloth boots and the leather pants.
Easy for a decent rogue. Just use evasion. The Luffa from the Thorium Point quest would probably help, but his dot isn't too horrible.
Get him down about 5 times with groups, but damn spaulders never drops WTF!
I need it for my rogue!
Plan to stealth run with druid about 50 lvl, wish it works.
Easily Soloable by Hunters
Just lay down an Immo Trap, Aimed Auto Multi Serpent into the trap, get your pet on it, the FD. Help your pet build agro, and keep up your DPS with Serpent always up. He's not that difficult if you share the damage burden.
is this guy soloable at 55? i was helping a guild group and he seemed easy enough
Which instance? purple or orange?
Soloable as a 60 rogue, not too geared either.
Just been farming this guy. 60 Hunter, mixture of tier 1, pvp blues, quest bow & stave.
The way I do it is to lay a fire trap, send the pet in (growl auto) and put serpent sting on him. Then I just chain heal the pet, allowing an autoshot between each heal, refreshing serpent sting when it wears off.
Eventually I either overaggro the pet through heals, or it will die from the mass of stacked dots outstripping the healing. Hopefully by this point Razorlash is at 40% or less, so I let him set off the trap and go into melee combat with deterrence, raptor strikes, mongoose etc.
It's not a guaranteed win, by any means. This evening, in the space of a few hours, I've had 3 deaths and 9 kills. (One of the deaths I killed him just as he killed me - ran back and luckily the corpse was still there, nearly 10 minutes later)
Unfortunately, I am after the shoulders, so I will be back another time.
Lot of HP for his level
with my lvl 60 druid i just downed him.
they key is to go in as cat form, dps as much as u can till u reach 6-7 punctures, then use dash and kite him till the punctures are gone, eat a pot, heal and go at him again then u should be able to outlast him, but its very likely u will eventually die from puncture...
invulnerability post or switness pots might come in handy aswell
Edited, Aug 29th 2006 at 10:14am EDT by Gulvklud
well, i can remember this was harder once..
'Farmed' it for the phytoskin. first 3 attempts some months ago only gave the bloody belt, tonight however i solo'd him, incredibly easy. Must have been my luck, since i dodged 80% of his attacks, got a mere 900 damage, and took his 14k down with my eyes closed. No dots no nothing. And the shoulders on 1st attempt ^^.
60 rogue, mc + bwl epixxx
"Just use evasion" har har.
Do not attempt to solo him at level 53.
He will wtfpwn you.
That is all.
~Saturn, yet another Nelf rogue on twisting nether
Edited, Jul 23rd 2006 at 8:34am EDT by xepla
Keep following the hallway after Noxxion, you will see him.
Ok, Razorlash may have been soloable at one time, but that definitely is not the case now. His puncture dot starts to stack very quickly, and you'll find yourself taking 500+ damage a tick from its nondispellable dot. Mages may be able to solo him, but no one that melees are likely to manage it.
Solo'd this guy at 52, with decent gear and elixirs as Subtlety / Combat. Bleed him with Garrote / Rupture and use Deadly Poison on both weapons, the dots bring him down eventually. Didn't use the Vanish trick (Adding CP's before fight) or need to use prep, so there's some leeway if you have a worse gear / spec. At 52 you can safely unstealth in the corner on his right, if you need to eat / buff up before the fight.
Use Luffa (bleed trinket from Searing Gorge) to make the fight easier, as his bleed can get out of control if you're unlucky. You can also time your evasion(s) so that only 1-2 stacks are on you at a time.
Classic, Nov 2019: Lv 55 Rogue, Dagger / Assassination spec, failed to solo. My spec is meant for backstab, so that is likely a large part of it; he hit me repeatedly between 120-250...
...interesting: NO bleed effect was stacking on me, not a single debuff from him...just repeated hits over 200. I died leaving him at about 30%. I had my luffa ready to go, and never had an opportunity to use it.
We were able to this with lvl 49 combat rogue and lvl 51 combat rogue. We both had thrash blade and vanquisher's sword. I had pretty damn good gear for a 49 (like 9/10 for a lvl 49), and he had pretty good gear for a 51 (like 7-8/10), the kind of gear you can expect if you run ZF and Mara a few times each and grab the relevant quest rewards, leather items, armors, etc. My gear was slightly better than his.
1. Sneak through orange. Put instant poisons on both weapons.
2. Whoever is stronger opens, pops evasion, and starts sinister striking as boss is immune to cheapshot and garrote. Use adrenaline rush. Use eviscerate at 5cp to maintain aggro.
3. Second guy starts attacking about 2 sec after the first guy and tries to build 5 CP as fast as possible to Expose Armor. If second guy draws aggro, use FEINT. This is important so that the first guy gets a full 15 seconds of evasion tanking and then the 2nd guy can get a full 15 seconds of evasion tanking.
4. After the first guy's evasion runs out and/or he gets scared for his life he vanishes as late as possible to drop all aggro (and then starts attacking again). At this point, second guy pops evasion to evasion tank himself. At this point, aggro should never transfer back to the first guy. This is all a very straightforward process but it doesn't hurt to be too careful so you don't have to corpse walk and then sneak all the way back to the boss.
5. Loot boss and reset instance using some other friend or alt character to get teleported back to the entrance of orange. Bring extra vanishing powders on each of you. Bring poisons and potions as necessary. Have a couple superior healing potions IMO just in case you get unlucky with dodges/crits; one of the 8 times we killed him he killed the first guy because he got unlucky. Because:
6. Boss seems to damage you when you hit him, sometimes, so first guy has to be sure that if he is literally <10% hp after he transfers aggro, he might want to bandage up slightly (the one time our first guy died, he got unlucky with the dodges and then died hitting the boss's reactive damage as he had ~3% hp).
7. Repeat the process until you both have what you want (the shoulder pieces, which I think are BIS for <49 rogue).
8. You can clear Razorlash on your way to look for Mesh'lok the Harvester
before using the instance reset trick to teleport back to the entrance of orange.
I started to farm this boss and Noxxion today to start preparing for AQ. Im a lvl 60 rogue with 4/8 nightslayer 4/8 bloodfang with Claw of the black drake / Perdition's blade. I am able to solo each of these bosses but I need adrenaline rush and evasion. A couple times I've used a Major Healing Potion just to be safe (its a long run back). As long as you are decently geared rogue, you should be able to solo just fine.
Tabard of the Argent Dawn is event quest only , not a drop from razorlash!
25% drop rate on Shoulders... Is this some private server shenanigans drop rate or something?
I have the worst RNG possible apparently, farming this guy with Warrior / Shaman combo, 17 kills, no shoulders for either.
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
Classic WoW Stealth Runs Guide
Maraudon Dungeon Strategy for WoW Classic
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our