Hey I’m Trell
, guidewriter for Wowhead’s Brewmaster Mythic+ section. I have been an avid Brewmaster player focused on high Mythic+ since around the time of the first Mythic Dungeon Invitational. I enjoy competing for the highest keys possible, and have been the #1 or #2 ranked Brewmaster player in the world during the last year. You can find me on Twitter @trellsky
, My Youtube channel
or Live on Twitch
for more Brewmaster dungeon content. Feel free to stop by and say hello!
Brewmaster is performing quite well in the dungeons of Battle for Azeroth. The tank class is known for its high mobility and toolkit to survive huge amounts of incoming damage. In the current state of high tank-damage dungeons, kiting and easily holding threat while doing so is incredibly valuable. Brewmaster excels at this, as well as sustains a medium-high amount of self-healing compared to other tanks with the right azerite traits. We also provide the group with a number of utility abilities that can and should be used often.
The Brewmaster utility kit changed a little coming from Legion and has proved to be a nice fit in Battle for Azeroth Dungeons. The biggest change was the addition of 扫堂腿
to the baseline kit, which now allows having both 平心之环
and sweep at the same time. This guide will have lots of technical information and strategies to prepare before doing keys. Brewmaster is challenging to play in dungeons at a high level and requires coordination with the group to emulate some large pulls that are simplified by other tank class utility spells (死亡之握
). While this can seem like a daunting challenge, it is always possible to make up for the weaknesses of the Brewmaster tank class with teamwork and coordination. On the other hand, Brewmaster is capable of many things other tanks are not, and that is the fun part. Capitalize on those moments every chance possible.
Currently in BFA, tanks take an absolutely massive amount of damage in high level mythic+ keys. Brewmasters are easy to heal when played optimally, so they naturally excel in this environment. Incoming damage is smoothed to a manageable amount to heal by 醉拳
and pre-emptive use of defensives paired with fast reactive use of 活血酒
. I will go into further detail below on the specific abilities that work together to make Brewmaster shine.
Trash Mobs in the Area
After Rezan and the Humanoid side is cleared, take out some of the 剧毒细颚龙
packs nearby and then head up the “Undead side” of Atal’Dazar. The undead mobs deal heavy tank damage, so try to have 壮胆酒
for the first pull in this area. Head up the stairs and take out the 复活的荣誉卫士
with the patrolling 影刃追猎者
nearby. The group may be used to a DK using 控制亡灵
on this honor guard so be sure they are prepared for the amount of damage it will inflict. A demon hunter can pull the far invisible stalkers with 幽灵视觉
, or hunters with 照明弹
. As a Brewmaster, you can throw a 速烤燃爆装置
where they stand on the stairs to engage them. Skip most of the trash here with 潜伏帷幕
or by death skipping if possible.
- 祖尔的持盾卫士: 盾击 hurts when it lands, careful when kiting as it will target the next nearest player if the tank is out of range. Use 扫堂腿 or 分筋错骨 to break the 魂能壁垒 cast.
- 影刃追猎者: Have defensive cooldowns ready for 毒牙攻击s paired with the shield bash hits.
- 复活的荣誉卫士: The most dangerous mob for Brewmasters, take this mob out first and don’t pull any more than necessary while engaging it. They will inflict a long bleed in the form of 撕裂重殴 as well as pulsing AOE damage to the rest of the party. Kite early and often while in combat with this guy.
- 赞枢利巫医: either kick the 不稳定的妖术 cast or let it go and have a party member dispel the curse instead. Focus interrupts on the 剧毒冲击 casts to prevent lethal damage.
The pack before Vol’kaal can be skipped with the use of 平心之环
. To do this, pick a side, and 分筋错骨
the closest Undead Honor Guard while a rogue or demon hunter 闷棍
the closest humanoid near it. Use 平心之环
to push the mobs off to the side to walk by without going into combat at all. This can be done going to or from the boss.Vol’kaal Boss Encounter
- Tag all 3 复生图腾s at the start with any ability to inflict 玄秘掌.
- Interrupt the 恶毒臭气 cast each time before a 2nd stack is applied to the group.
- Tank the boss in phase 2 around the edges of the room, while moving slowly in a circle to control the poison puddles.
- Spread all defensive cooldowns throughout phase 2 to avoid as much damage as possible.