Greetings!In our efforts to re-create the earliest or so-called “pre-nerf” versions of encounters in Serpentshrine Cavern or The Eye for Burning Crusade Classic, many encounters may behave differently than how players whom had experience with these encounters may remember them from the later content patches after patch 2.1 of the original release of The Burning Crusade. To help alleviate some confusion, below you will find a sampling of issues reported to us from the PTR that we currently consider to be working as intended or “Not A Bug” in the iteration of these encounters that is going live today in Phase 2 of Burning Crusade Classic.Please do note that this list is not a comprehensive list of differences between the original and “post-nerf” versions of these encounters. There are many other differences that are not listed here.At a later date, many bosses and mechanics (including some of those listed below) will change to their final iterations.The Eye
- Al’ar will often do a normal melee hit on the target of its Charge attack.
- Al’ar will choose to spawn between 0 and 3 adds at the times during the encounter when the boss is able to do so.
- There are a total of six locations that Al’ar can fly to during a platform transition in Phase 1 of the encounter.
- The Tidewalker Lurker adds summoned by Morogrim Tidewalker do indeed have the correct amount of health.
- Water Globules summoned by Tidewalker during the final phase of the encounter will only Freeze the player that is targeted by and actively pursued by the Globule.
Fathom Lord Karathress
- The Fathom Lurker is immune to banish.
The Lurker Below
- Scalding Water is correctly able to pierce immunities.
- Lady Vashj can and often will decide to wield her bow and begin using her Shoot ability on random players other than her current threat target.
- The Tainted Core items dropped by Tainted Elementals will be able to be Free For All looted at all times, regardless of the loot method selected when the encounter is initiated.
- Serpentshrine Lurkers are immune to banish
- Coilfang Serpentguard will reflect all spells cast for the duration of their Spell Reflect spell.