Received for fishing contest in Booty Bay held on Sundays.
This is the best fishing pole currently available in the game. You can get this fishing pole by winning the Sunday fishing tournament held in Stranglethorn Vale.
There is a rare fish you can catch during the tournament that can be turned in for a fishing line to further boost your +fishing:
There is also a +fishing enchant to gloves and a lucky fishing hat (also available from a rare fish).
Some comparable poles:
The Big Iron Fishing Pole can be fished off the shores of Desolace and has +20 fishing:
There's a new quest reward +20 fishing pole in BC:
A horde-only quest reward has +25:
Does anyone know how much the fishing line adds?
Zul'gurub requires fishing of 350 to consistently catch the fish found there thats why you need all the buffs you can get
I've won the competition once and barely missed winning twice, so I think I have a pretty good handle on it.
1. Try to build up your fishing skill to 200+. You'll need 300 skill to wield the prize fishing pole if you win it. Time spent applying lures is time when you aren't catching fish. Also equip your best fishing gear for added pluses.
2. Try to avoid overfished areas. You should start looking several minutes before the contest begins and find an underpopulated area.
3. Avoid fishing in a hole where others are already fishing -- Try to find your own. Otherwise, you will have to move more often per fish caught and risk losing time to catching a fish after the pool disappears.
4. As soon as the pool vanishes, move on, preferably in a different direction than others are going. It is helpful to have a mount, travel form, or Ghost Wolf form.
5. You need to be level 45+ to be seriously competitive because otherwise you will lose valuable time fighting creatures that attack you.
6. If you're on a PvP server, you probably need to be close to level 60 or have level 60 friends guarding you while you fish. I suppose you could have your friends gank other fishers, but that isn't very sporting.
7. I find the pools easier to spot from underwater. To that end I equip an Azure Silk Belt (+15% swimming) and will switch between my fishing pole and the staff from Gnomeregan that lets me breathe underwater. A Warlock's Unending Breath spell would also work (or a waterbreathing potion if you're rich). I swim until I find a school of fish (and no lures), surface, and switch back to the fishing pole.
8. Again, perhaps not sporting, but you could have party members "scout" unoccupied fishing holes for you. As soon as your pool disappears, quickly run or ride to the nearest new pool your friends have spotted. The time I won, I did *not* use this technique, so it isn't essential.
9. Not all of the pools are on the mainland. You can fish from the Troll island off the Northwest coast (and there are no monsters there), from the Water Elemental island (if you are high enough level to avoid aggroing the elementals), and probably from other islands. If nobody else is fishing in one of these places, it might make a good place for you to fish.
10. The *instant* you reel in your 40th Tastyfish, activate your hearthstone (presuming you set it to the inn in Booty Bay), run to the competition master, and try to complete the quest. Don't worry about whether someone else has already won unless you are *sure* you heard the announcement. Every second counts! I once caught my 40th fish, activated the hearthstone, and *then* heard the winner announced. Shaving 10 seconds off anything I did during that competition would have made the difference between "winner" and "also ran".
- Basilicus, Master Angler, Earthen Ring
I won the fishing tourny last Sun on Windrunner.
My fishing skill is at 347 now, using no lures - looking forward to fishing up the last rare to get the enchanted line bringing it to 352.
Its helped countless times with my miss rate in high level fishing areas, such as ZG and Azshara.
was my 5th tournament I participated in. Every time I had about 25 and it was over.
Just keep going and you eventually win, if nothing else you can catch a rare fish, 2 of which I got on my 3rd and 4th tournaments.
A tactic I found to work really well, find a nice stretch of 5 or so fishing holes and run just those holes over and over. I spent so much travel time in past tournaments looking for 'fresh' holes that had no one fishing. I found it quicker to hit the same ones over and over. Also, have a buddy 'pretend' to fish next to you. The more people on a hole, the less appealing it is. There are about 7 or so fish in a hole, from my experiance.
Never the less, I found each tournament to be enjoyable and plan on participating in the next. I will be looking for my last rare fish and not really trying to 'win' .. unless I happen to have 40 and no one else has one .. then I'll get my trinket and be done with it.
Good luck to those who participate!
Every Sunday from 2:00 - 4:00 PM server time.
Dont know what happened to the comments... where plenty of them here last time I checked.
Anyway, the only way to get this fishing pole is to win the weekly fishing contest held in Booty Bay.
Plenty of guides on this contest, but to summarise; contest starts at 2 pm each sunday. You dont need to be IN Booty Bay at 2 pm to be able to participate. It is wiser to be as far away from BB as possible, and work your way down the coast or circle some fishing spots, and have your HearthStone set in BB is a must.
Also, to fish in Stranglethorn, have your skill up to at least 250, or you'll miss too many catches.
After 2 pm (till 5 pm), schools of Tastyfish appear all along the shores on Stranglethorn. If you are the first to hand 40 of those over to the goblin standing in front of the booty Bay Inn, you win.
Dont underestimate this contest; there are often a lot lvl 50/60 participating, with fast mounts allowing them to race from fishing spot to fishing spot, and a high enough level not to be bothered with the lvl 30-45 beasts roaming Stranglethorn.
I've seen people win (get 40 Tastyfish) within 30/40 minutes. If you aren't near 40 fish after half an hour, you can be certain you've lost.
For the losers; 5 Tastyfish can be handed in for something around 25/28 silver (out of the top of my head). You can also fish up other rare kinds of fish in Tastyfish schools, which can be handed in for various fishing items (fishin hat a.o.)
I've been teying to get this trink for a long time now and after a couple changes to my strategy I was able to get it easily(sort of).
1. Wait till 60. Epic mounts make this much easier.
2. If you are a hunter like me, bust Aspect of the Cheetah. I beat people to new swarms a few times by not having mount up.
3. If there are lots of people in the zone dont start just outside BB or all the way at the top of the zone, fishermen and gankers bunch up there at the start. Try a little south of Grom Gol and head south to BB. When you hit BB, run to the eastern shore and start up there. /who is your friend!
4. Remember that the pools spawn randomly. I got half my fish by running past people that were running past me, meanwhile this druid that was tailin me would see the people and figure there was no more pools that way.
5. Remember that the fish dont spawn in inland waters, off islands, or in BB.
6. BRING A POSSE!. The horde are gank crazy in STV already, and the contest makes it worse. I had my 60 mage and 60 warrior homies running D for me and I couldnt have done it without them(YZZI AND RUDISH FTW!)
6.Pay attention. I fished oily blackmouth schools twice accidentally.
7. If you dont make it back to BB(SET YOUR HEARTH THERE) by 35 minutes or so, you are probably screwed.
8.After someone wins, keep fishin anyway. Fishing is a pain to level and at least this way you (if you are above 225) get rare fishing gear out of it:
Keefer's Angelfish: Lucky Fishing Hat - +5 Fishing Skill
Brownell's Blue Striped Racer: Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots - +5 Fishing Skill
Dezian Queenfish: High Test Eternium Fishing Line - +5 Fishing Skill Enchant to Pole
The Fury of Spinebreaker
60 Night Elf Hunter
The new max fishing skill:
Base Skill: 375
Arcanite Fishing Pole: +35
Aquadinamic Fish Attractor: +100
Lucky Fishing Hat: +5
Eternium Fishing Line: +5
Anglin' Boots: +5
Glove Enchant: +2
Theres the break down, if ive missed some plz tell me, dont mind the spelling mistakes, there r many. Happy fishing.
you can skill up anywhere in the game that is castable. i thought it would be faster to skill up in the higher level areas pre-BC, but this was not the case. i got a lot of "fish got away" messages, or just empty casts even with lures.
most of my fishing was skilled up while waiting for boats in menethil/booty bay/etc. also, fishing the competition on sundays is a great way to skill up, not to mention fish for some rare stuff.
Hmmmz... i don't really need this one i think, but it would be a nice to have it to get 442 fishing. :P Just for show
BTW the fishing extravaganza last Sunday was quite fun. :) To bad horde had to start ganking :S
seriously guys MS warrior weapon right here and you hunters know it!
Are you joking? this is a warlock weapon!
I'm not kidding. Maybe with high fishing this can be efficient like a staff...
What is his location? coords?
guys, we're all right for once... hunter weapon
is clearly superior to alliance fishing. we have the 2nd best in game pole (the best one, this one, is hard to get and btw it's dps is crappy) and we also have better chance to get Big iron fishing pole since it's located in our territory. And I recall that we have the only area in warcraft to catch deviates! Clearly Horde has better fishing than allies...
i got this lovely pole yesterday after being the "Master Angler". In addition I have caught all rare fish&have fishing enchant so with attractor attached my fishing skill becomes 352 which is the maximum avaible skill in the game for present."Now I own u Nat!"
This is clearly a druid weapon.
One of the rewards for being the first to complete the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza event.
Hunter weapon .. RLY
Is it a repeat event?
dothorio: well you wont get an fishing pole for the dps right?
this got +35 to fishing
the fc-5000 got +25
Hunters keep your dirty hands off, this is clearly a rogue weapon
just won the tournament ! :D very very happy this was my 2-ond try i`m on the pole next time 4 the trinket and the rare fishes :)
The "hunter weapon" jokes are exactly 18 months old..
Can we PLEASE get over it? FFS....
OMG! A PERFECT HUNTRR WEAPON
doesnt have the phat dps of my nat pagle fc-5000
no its not any regular hunter weapon,
UBER HUNTER PWNGE l33t WEAP!1!
[SoM Phase 4]
42 - 63伤害
耐久: 45 / 45
19 twink druid bis
Classic Level 19 Twink Hunter BiS Guide
19 twink mage bis
19 twink paladin bis
19 twink priest bis
Classic Level 19 Twink Rogue BiS Guide
19 twink shaman bis
19 twink warlock bis
19 twink warrior bis
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our